Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I got me da' blues...

No, not real blues, but I am definitely sad that after my almost 2 week hiatus, I am back to work tomorrow.

In all truthfulness, my time off ROCKED!!! My first few days my darling dad (pictured below) was in visiting. He has had a helluva year...while some of it was difficult, his spirits picked up after he'd spent Thanksgiving in New York with my sister and then of course, his Xmas with Mr. A and I. And we had a fun schedule...nothing. We had nowhere to be, no pressure, except of course to do our drive to Nevada, which was fun.

But in between, it was just nice to hang out. I would try to wake up before him to make coffee and once dad was up, I would make him his 78-year old man's breakfast --bran flakes and prune juice. Cringing aside, it was interesting to see that we are both morning people (I am a night person, too so ... what does that make me? A vampire?) and both enjoy the morning peace and quiet.

But it was never really quiet. My Papa, a normally quiet man, talked about the little things and the big things. Moments, my dad's childhood as a "dirt poor" kid who still always felt like "George bailey" and much more.

At night, Mr. A and I would play card games and have old school Xmas music in the background. Papa Z. would sit with us and not just play "name that singer" but always had a very profound story about each musician.

Nevada was so amazingly fun and Mr. A's parents were warm and welcoming, not to mention Mr. A's mother, the unbelievable cook she is, made my Papa Z. all of his favorite old school Yugoslavian cuisine. My Papa is NOT a man who normally stays over at other people's homes, but he couldn't help but be comfortable around all of the excitement and chatter that takes place over there.

When we returned to L.A., Mr. A got sick just in time for all of our fun Xmas parties we had planned to attend and Papa had aching feet from the crazy amounts of walking we did (sorry Dad :) so I did a few parties and the men sat around and bantered for hours about sports, cowboy movies, war movies, etc.

Papa Z. spent Xmas day with my brother and returned to us at night. The next day, after our super fun lunch at Marix in the Palisades (and some AWESOME star-sightings) we said our goodbyes and for the first time, I think my dad wanted to stay longer!

After he left, I fell into this crazy reorganizing / cleaning mode. Since these moments rarely ever happen to me, I jumped on it and accomplished SO much.

Mr. A was sick for NYE, so we hung at home and like the old farts we are not, fell asleep by 11.

And can I tell you that my person is NOT ready to return to work? I walked out to my car this morning to find not one, but TWO flat tires! What in tarnation? Anyway, I get to drive Mr. A's luxury car while he brings my car in for some nursing.

Anyway. That's a few weeks in a nut shell. I never even touched on my little birthday celebration a few weeks back with my darling guest star / diabolical side-kick Kelly and her surprise visit! I am giving a lot away but that will be for another day since I plan on trying to post a little more.

Kisses, love and glittery things...

Chi

No comments: