Sunday, January 13, 2008

Big wheels keep on turnin’….

This weekend turned out to be a little bit of something special. We have been pretty caught up in the Car-ma -- the fact that I have had two flat tires and pretty much have held hostage the amazing Infiniti that would belong to Mr. A has been the deal.

Friday we made the most amazing Margherita pizza you have EVER had. I cheated and bought a pre-made crust from Whole Foods (the crust was perfect, btw) and had fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and the most beautiful tomatoes you have ever seen. The wine I bought at Whole Foods was equally awesome so we ate, drank and chilled.

Saturday morning we met Bunnie and Derek for breakfast at Cici’s in Tarzana. Have you ever had breakfast sexonaplate? The pankcakes at this place are so enormous you that you just assume you couldn’t dare eat a lot…I did. I damn well nearly ate my weight in, get this, chocolate-macadamia nut-whipped cream with fresh strawberries pancakes. O.M.G. Bunnie had the unbelievable tiramisu pancakes that were dripping with marsacone, whipped cream and all the fixings Derek had Monkey Business that were so luscious to stare at – and this was even what we really “ordered” to eat. It was our “side”…. And every bite is so decadent it almost makes you feel – naughty.

We lazed about a lot of the day, running mindless errands and then went to Jason and Melissa’s for dinner. Upon arriving twice (their darling son, Mr. J insisted that he open the door for us since when we first arrived, he was on the potty) we walked into a mass of aromas. Melissa can cook up a storm and is equally fun to watch. She is really like her own cooking show. My big job was helping to peel crawfish. She was making Etouffee (that was to DIE for), the tasty French bread and the and let me tell you, between that, the wine and the conversations, it was a perfect night.

We arrived home and shortly thereafter when to bed. Of course I woke up wide-awake at 3 AM and the ONLY thing on was Beverly Hills 902100. .. and it was on again at 4 and the 5. I watched curiously -- could this be the same show that I once coveted and could not leave the house for?? It’s corny, but I will forever love the infamous Brenda line, “ I hate you both. Never talk to me again!" As I dozed off, I received a work call at 6 am about a missed flight – sigh.

The car is finally fixed though. Four new tires . Peanut the car and I am back in business!

Equally decadent Margherita pizza was made tonight for Mr. A, only this time I bought gooey dough from Trader Joes. While I loved the Whole Foods crust, the Trader Joes was equally good, was fun to prepare (you have to roll it with a rolling pin, but you feel like you are contributing more!) and hi…the price? The Whole Foods crust was almost $6, while Trader Joes was a mere 99 cents…GOOD BUY. Not to mention, you can make a bevy of things with this very tasty dough.

Final thought:

Can I comfortably admit that I miss the Red carpet for the Golden Globes like an old friend? I love it. I miss it. Call me what you will but nothing gives me pleasure more than amazing gowns and even frightening ones. Please Writers Strike – be over soon. Give us back our shows and our red carpet and rid us of the dreadful, filler reality shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent writing my dear friend. So Miss Bradshaw, I mean Miss Zalokar, when are YOU going to start your own column?!?! L.A. Weekly maybe or some local fun rag like that?!?! I would read it religiously, as would many other of your adoring fans. You are gifted my friend. The visuals you give us are abounding.