Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ramblings…

We did not go to sleep until the late A.M. and I was up when the roosters were crowing… I did a bunch of stuff and then of course, broke down like an old jalopy.

We finally saw the movie, “Waitress” last night. I highly recommend it.

Keri Russell is adorable, but plays her character as she is – tough, strong, and very torn about many aspects of her life. Her cohorts, played by the always funny Cheryl Hines and the late Adrienne Shelley (who wrote and directed this movie) make the whole piece funny, sweet and very sad at the right times. And who knew Andy Griffith would not just make an appearance, but have real heart in the movie? The whole cast is amazing (I can't discuss my darling Jeremy Sisto or his character ...see it yourself). There are so many interesting moments and some really great lines. The hardest part was I felt like I was holding my breath thru the entire movie and was finally able to breathe again after the ending. I won’t give anything away. SEE it. It’s not slick…it’s quirky, smart, funny but sad all in one.

Sadly, Adrienne Shelley did not live to see the opening of her mini masterpiece (if you don’t know what happened to her <<>> Google it.)

Btw, did you know if you take any random cake mix and mix it with a can of any random soda, you can actually bake a cake?

I thought is sounded odd, but I took a white cake mix that was lying around and took one of Mr. A’s diet Cokes (blech, I don’t drink soda) and added two egg whites for tighter consistency. I threw the batter into muffin tins on 350 for a half hour and voila, we have pretty darn tasty cupcakes. No kidding. I made to different frostings (a fattening and a low-fat since I am sporting a Cartman-like body these days) and dayam, they are SOOO good. Try it. Easy, breezy white-trash baking  Actually, the siet soda thing is all over the Internet for diabetic / low-fat baking websites.

Suffering from the Sunday blues – tomorrow is going to be an early and long day. Not so fun.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

While I thought "Waitress" was a good movie, every so often I would think about just how wonderfully talented Adrienne Shelley was, followed by how absolutely horrible that she is no longer here and it made it very hard to finish watching the movie.

But I did like it!