Thursday, August 11, 2005

Strange stuff

While in the midst of Hollywood, I am always happy to know that my roots are the Midwest, corn-fed ones (sometimes is DOES make me miserable, but...)

Reading about Courtney Love, for example, just makes me sad...for her poor kid. It's not enough that publicly, her father (Kurt Cobain) was an icon, a drug addict AND a suicide victim, but now the Bean must deal with her mother's high profile addiction problems and embarrassing public behavior. Either the Bean will end up some high-profiled clean and bright kid (which is my hope) or she'll end up on Springer.

On that same note, I was just on www.awfulplasticsurgery.com where they showed a VERY tight and pickled Hunter Tylo. Who IS Hunter Tylo? Apparently, she is some big soap star. I only knew of her from occasionally perusing Soap Digest but then, a few years back, she'd written a book about her youngest child's journey with cancer of the eye, or something tragic like that. The REAL tragedy was the entire book was about Hunter Tylo's rise to fame, her impending marriage with Michael (??) Tylo and basically, that they are BOTH fabulous. That she is SO fabulous. That being a soap star, rich and married to another soap star is fabulous. Oh yes, and she had a sick kid. ICK. For all intents and purposes, the book read like "the Enquirer" ....PURE RUBBISH.

Why do these people insist on pulling their poor spoiled brats into their world of drugs, plastics, rises and falls, etc??

Having read Tatum O'Neal's book this year, I was dumbfounded at the amount of BS she'd had to put up with. Even if half of that stuff was made up (which is what her father, Ryan O'Neal and her ex-husband, tennis great, John McEnroe claimed), I still think even shreds of what she wrote would be enough to toss even the strongest person over the edge.

Sigh. Again. My upbringing was hardly a bug-free picnic, but at least I knew I belonged SOMEWHERE.

No comments: