Friday, August 19, 2005

Hollywood Blonde

Last night I tripped and fell into a vat of beer. Lemme explain.

I went to the gym after work. I took my torturous, painful, needling bastard of a class. (I do love it. It's just the HARDEST class EVAR!) I used to teach this kind of stuff, so I try to be a strong woman and do it with grace and ease...but what's going through my head are swear words and visions of burgers, beers and nachos.

Moving on.

I left the gym, sweaty, a little angry and bored since I have no radio in my car (that's another story). I went down my phone list in my cell to see who I could possibly call. Sigh. I was pretty talked out. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Neighbor Friend. Neighbor Friend is finally feeling better after her (ulp) appendectomy she'd had 1 1/2 weeks ago. We were talking and as we spoke, I heard her little voice say, "I need a beer."

Mmm, beer. She asks if I have any. Nope. So I say, "Tell you what..I will stop and pick up a six pack. No worries. See you in a bit."

I go to Gelsons (which has one of the BEST salad bars EVER) to pick out some brewskis. While it COULD take hours, I am taken by a box that says, "Hollywood Blonde." Its pretty. Its sassy. Its SO Hollywood. Its on sale.

I get home and wait for Neighbor Friend to come over. She arrives and we start drinking the Hollywood Blonde Beer. Within our first beer, we decide its not only a great tasting beer, but its stronger than hell. The bottles are amazingly cool as is the six-pack box. We kill the six pack. And then...I have a brilliant thought.

A-Man is on his way to my house from a baseball game. I call him. "A-man," I say, "Could you PLEASE pick up some beer for me and Neighbor Friend." And then there was howling and laughter from Neighbor Friend and I. Maniacal laughter.

Being the kind and wonderful soul A-Man is, he asks what kind. I tell him that I would LOVE a Hollywood Blonde, but Sam Adams is just as groovy.

As we awaited our beers, we started listening to "Belle and Sebastian," which I've decided are just amazingly cool.

He arrives. A-man had not only brought himself a six-pack...but he brought the girls a 12 pack...because we REALLY needed it.

Too make a long story short, fun was had by all.

This morning...not so fun. I was not too perky. My apartment looked like a frat house. See what happens when I go to Chicago?? I was there over a month ago and I think I am still broken.

P.S.

When it comes to assorted nuts, I go for the big ones, which usually keep themselves near the surface (the peanuts usually sink...!!) Silly Wabbit!

2 comments:

Robb said...

Re; the nuts. That's no excuse! When dealing with a dry mixed nut assortmant, you can't argue the buoyancy!

Robb said...

And I can't spell assortment.