Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Seriously...

Scenario:

Afternoon meeting to go over some new software.

Our wonderful computer guy comes to give our group a "quick" lesson in some very ez-to-use software. I use the word "quick" because I am being sarcastic and am bitter.

Our office is divided up by the "I care", "I kind of care", the "I don't f-ing care" and the "who are you people and where am I??"...and then there is the group who ask questions. Dozens of questions. Zillions and gazillions of meaningless, no point, "I am speaking to hear my own voice" and "I LOVE my voice" questions.

May I mention I used this software, all by my lonesome with no instructions two months ago? T was with me and let me say, as a non-computer savvy person, it was simple. The meeting COULD have been that simple. The five page packet that had lots of pictures made it kindergarten-easy, but NO-OH. The meeting that should have been 10 minutes lasted a whopping 45 minutes. Five minutes of our guys nice and friendly spiel and the other 40 spent listening to a myriad of "stick needles in my eye" stories.

But there were cookies. Two trays. YUM.

P.S. My boss took a slew of the cookies home. That's a story for another day...

No comments: