Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Acid Rain in my cornflakes

Last night, after displaying signs of vertigo after perusing the paint section at the Hollywood Home Depot for a half hour too long, I was later greeted by a very angry woman in my laundry room who so eloquently let me know that my taking her 3/4-the-way dry clothes out of the washing machine and placing them on the dryer was JUST NOT acceptable. But THAT wasn't enough. Her mother then WAITED for me on my way down to put my things in the dryer to ONCE AGAIN let me know taking her daughters clothes out of the machine was NOT acceptable. Neighbor Friend was with me, THANK GOD, but man oh man, talk about a creepy situation. They were double-teaming and yelling assumptions that just DO NOT exist. Very bad.

Our laundry room has three washers and three dryers. For the size of our building, that is just not very much. I have been apartment dwelling for YEARS and usually give people a grace period as to how long I can hold out on letting their clothes lie dormant, but last night, it was a different story. These clothes were CLEARLY almost dry and had taken the mishape of the washing machine. Whatever the case may be, it was a truly hellish situation and one where communication was JUST NOT getting thru...

The BB was on a rampage earlier this morning so that just added dose of arsenic to my already acid rain-laced cornflakes...

CALGON! Take me away!

(But I did find some nice paint colors and have a fun project in store.)

No comments: