Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Da-da-da Ditch Day…

Okay. It really wasn’t a ditch day. I did take it off ahead of time -- how fun!

After a fun night of watching the primaries with the Daddies, I woke up and headed over to see my gurus. The gurus would be the acupuncturists at South Baylo University in Koreatown. Seriously kids, if you haven’t tried acupuncture, you are simply missing out on perhaps the healthiest way to keep your body balanced --on top of avoiding the taking of meds for everyday problems (colds, headaches, allergies, etc.)

I have written before about my time with the gurus. It’s been a while since I have been there but they were no less amazing. Zee back eez out of whack. Really. My lower back is a disaster and when I think of the physical beating I have been putting my body thru lately, I realized it was time.

As always, the girl that was the student and Dr. Lee, one of the lead gurus, spent a long time asking me about my back, looking at my tongue (which is a huge part of their study) and taking my heartbeat. Dr. Lee was pleased to know how much I consider acupuncture just as important as having a regular doctor. We then had a really interesting chat about Heath Ledger’s death and then I was put on the table. Dr. Lee noted that I was “chi deficient” and started the needles.

Less than an hour later, I was back out in the world, feeling amazing as I always do: If you ever are in the area, it is a school, but these people are already masters and trust me, they would not let a stupid dolt into this school. These people are very serious about what they do. And it’s $20. No shit. And while you can’t make an appointment, they do tend to get you in quickly.

South Baylo University
2727 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057

Toll Free: 888-64-BAYLO (888-642-2956)
Phone: (213) 738-0712
FAX: (213) 480-1332

I arrived back home to my darling Man who took me to lunch at a place I’d never been to:

Les Sister Soul Kitchen is hard not to fall in love with. If you blink, you’d miss it, but trust me, it is truly a little gem. The walls are covered with New Orleans blues musicians and the food is not only hearty and homemade, but it’s delicious. I couldn’t believe how packed this place got in a matter of minutes or how friendly the staff was. While the service was a little slow, I didn’t really care because everyone was smiling and happy.

My mistake was getting the BBQ. I just wasn’t in the mood for it and when I saw someone nearby eating a heap of jambalaya, I felt very jealous and mad I hadn’t ordered that instead. But it was still delicious AND – they had real tea and fresh squeezed lemonade for damn good Arnold Palmers (all unsweetened, to my liking)!

All in all, a total gem and worth checking out! And seriously, read the reviews – there are dozens of good ones!

Les Sisters Southern Kitchen
21818 Devonshire St
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 998-0755

After all of this, I went for a walk. Today was one of those wonderful days that felt Spring-like. Well a huge chunk of my loved ones are battling total crap weather as we speak, I couldn’t help but breathe deeply at the glorious day and vivid views since the sky is clear and smog-free (for now.)

Hope your day rocked, too!

No comments: