Sunday, February 10, 2008

I caught the plague

Movies and sneezes
Illness. It’s what I get for bragging on Thursday that I “never get sick…” And so my punishment is a gnarly cough, a massive headache, the start of a cold and total sleeplessness that started a mere day later.

What had I been doing with my time? Funny you should ask. For about a year or so, I have had what I call “movie ADD” – that is, I cannot sit still long enough for anything at any moment. A half hour show is about my maximum.

But this crapola illness has changed that. My movie marathon started with “Alice, Sweet, Alice,” later re-named, “Communion” or vice-versa. It’s a 1970’s horror about a little evil girl named (guess…) Alice. Ended up being much better than expected and perfectly creepy. I even later found out that the mom in the movie is Jackie Gleason’s daughter and Jason Patric’s mom. Brooke Shields film debut, too (she’s only in it for 10 seconds, btw.)

I then watched, “Matrix” which I haven’t sit and watched in forever but then slept thru most of it.

This morning, after a try with no avail to get up and do something, I lay on the couch more to watch “Pretty Woman” that was on over and over again. Why does cable do this? I really only need to see this movie once every 10 years, if that. I mean, they completely destroyed “Shawshank Redemption” by playing it over and over.

I then found that “Sex and the City’s” first six epidodes were running on HBO On Demand. How happy did it make me, even if at this point I was running a temperature?

I then watched “Rumor Has it…” -- du-um. Had potential but lost it quickly. Jennifer Aniston vehicle and it’s just – meh.

Today I watched “Dick” – just darling. Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams (yes, Heath’s Michelle) were the stars.

Super Big Product Fun Show then became my addiction. This is between napping, mind you. I still feel like cack. SBPFS is this Asian network show, dubbed into English that is so funny and bizarre and at moments, a little creepy. They basically take a product to see what it is and if it’s for real but the products are FREAKY – like a Scorpion Bong. For real. It’s a bong tube wide enough for a Scorpion to go down…into your mouth. And they have several volunteers trying this.

That’s all of now. Btw. Did I mention my bitterness for missing out on my entire weekend and the Summer-like temperatures (it’s 80 here today and ahem, 1 degree in Chicago, btw). But as the Man says, it will be permanent Summer here before we know it. And this little rest has been sort of nice, minus the whooping cough and Scarlett Fever

No comments: