Monday, February 18, 2008

Good decisions...

Finally feeling normal again! Still coughing, but out of death’s doorway or whatever you’d like to imagine…

This weekend was quiet, but really nice. Lots of resting...

Friday we helped Little E celebrate her 18(2) birthday at the Great Greek in Sherman Oaks. Not only was the company perfect, but the ambience was perfect for celebrating. While I was on a major coughing jag for 95% of our time there, it didn’t stop me or our group from getting up and doing the night time Greek dance with the entire restaurant! Seriously. I would say in the packed restaurant, 60% of the people got up, joined arms and literally danced in a big group across the place! Totally fun and silly, though I felt bad for the person on my left as I know I must have made them nervous with the endless coughing. But it was still really fun and my first outing in days which made it extra nice.

Today was super fun! I met NT (Neighbor T) down in the ‘bu. We were supposed to meet at my favorite coffee shop but apparently, NO ONE sent me the memo that it closed down so as we were driving to meet at a lame old Starbucks, I thought we should change locales and go to the Malibu Inn.

What a good decision. The Malibu Inn is across the street from the Malibu Pier and just a few feet from one of the best surfing areas. Besides great people watching on the drive in, the Malibu in is just a cluster of amazing stuff…

The inside is filled with old school movie actor photos…but not your typical ‘stars’ but people that actually used to eat there. Remember, this place has been around for over 50 years! The place has an old school, rustic vibe and I am sorry that it’s been more than a few years since I have been there.

While I was waiting for NT, an adorable older couple who were sitting a table away in the other “best seats in the house” started chatting with me. They told me they were high school sweethearts that lived just, as the man said, ‘480 feet apart” when the first met. He used to be a driver for Bette Davis! He also had a load of great memories of the Malibu Inn “back in the day…” Most were star-studded and the kind of stuff that you only hear about but I got first hand information!

NT arrived and we started chugging down coffees when the decision to get a Bloody Mary came into question. Another good decision! Our wonderful waiter told us “they were the best Bloody Mary’s in town,” and she wasn’t kidding. Not only were the Big Gulp size, they were definitely the best in town and very addicting.

Super fun was had by both of us and I highly recommend stopping in the next time you’re in the area! The place is filled with the friendliest people!

Malibu Inn Restaurant
22969 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265
(310) 456-6060

Can I mention that I totally feel this full moon -- it's actually tomorrow but I feel creepy weird!

No comments: