Thursday, September 01, 2005

Intracellular Milieu

Do you ever wonder what ONE thing keeps you from where YOU really want to be?

A wise person once told me that "our souls journey is to find exactly what we were destined to do" or in laymans terms...Our job is to find the life we are supposed to live...What does the life you are supposed to live look like today? Sounds easy enough, right?

Problem is, there are those flakey folks out there that wake up every morning and have bad cases of A-D-D:

Monday: "I want to be astronaut."
Tuesday: "I want to own my own business."
Wednesday: "I want to settle down and just stay home."
Thursday: "I want to be a RICH movie star~!"
Friday: "I want to open my own bar/restaurant/salon/boutique."
Saturday: "I want to be a rock star."
Sunday: "The monastary/convent is calling to me."

I suppose at a certain age, we are SUPPOSED to know where we are, who we are and what all of that means AND what path we are on. A fortunate part of living in Los Angeles, is that you can continue on your OWN path and if that means changing your "direction" 100 times, so be it. And while age aesthetically counts against you here, on a level of "finding yourself," people seem to be quite the cheerleaders. Other parts of the country are not always so forgiving.

But along with all of this directional tranformation comes constant changes, growth, evolving, LEARNING and pretty much, being a virtual sponge.

Its funny that we end up somehow bringing ourselves closer to the things/people/places we need to be and yet, there is still something keeping us from finding our "inner lottery ticket."



Just pondering...

No comments: