Friday, October 07, 2005

...Friday...

Today has been one of those days. You know the kind -- not horribly bad, but just not necessarily great.

First and foremost, my jeans are TOO tight. Not tight in a "omg, its spandex enormity" but tight as in, if they were the access to my oxygen supply, I would have turned Smurfette-blue and passed out hours ago. Tight as in … punishment. And even worse, saggy in the butt, but TIGHT around the waist. Bad. Like rope burn. And the delectable cream puff I taste-tested in the kitchen this morning only added to the pain.

Which leads me to my next point…is anyone else experiencing the "post-Summer, Eat-em' Autumn" thing?? I feel like I just can't get enough food. Or liquid. Anything. And there is Halloween candy floating around in here like nobody's business (and those damned cream puffs) and truth be told, I don't even really like sweets. I blame it on the Santa Ana's....

To combat my morbid feelings of the too-tight jeans, I thought I would go to the gym at lunch. After forcing myself to get there, it was one of those days where there was just nothing making me want to stay. To entertain myself, I force fed my brain into reading some Glamour magazine sex-test and plugged into some tuneage. Just as the treadmill started to become sort of (and I say that with a slight edge of sarcasm) fun, some guy decides to run on the treadmill next to me. This would have been fine, except that the treadmill needed oil or something and as he started running, this awful shrill "scrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise started to howl out of the machine. And the faster he'd run, the louder the "scrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise got. This would have all been okay to deal with, except that there were 10 other OPEN treadmills that I could almost guarantee did not sound like cat murders…

Speaking of cat murders, I was sent a link with breaking news from PETA from one my co-workers. Mind you, years ago, when I was a full-on vegetarian, wannabe-animal activist, I perused the world of PETA on a more regular basis and was a little more in the now. Today the link was about dogs and cats being skinned for their fur in China. I could have just read the blisteringly painful article, but I hit the "play" button on their little built in TV. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw, and I only watched for about 20 seconds. Horrific. Bottom line, there is a little petition on there to put a stop to what I could barely watch. If you are interested, please go on there and sign the petition (but seriously, skip the play-by-play…trust me on this).

http://www.peta.org/

On a lighter note, it's Friday (applause) and its supposed to be cooler this weekend (applause). And then its supposed to be HOT again next week (boo - Maury Povich style)…

Ciao!

No comments: