Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Things to do with DD on a rainy day….

So what happens when you bring someone a ½ dozen donuts from elsewhere and you never end up getting together? Rather than letting those babies go to waste (or in this case, waist) – you get creative!

My creative bulb burst after reading about people who make (gack) Krispy Kreme soup. That’s a little over the edge for me, but when you are talking donuts, anything goes.

In my case, I thought starting out with plain ole milk would be great, but since we were out of virtually everything during the recent SoCal weather splurge, I hade to get EXTRA nifty and used Vanilla Nestle Quik….I poured some (about a cup) onto the stovetop into a frying pan with the same amount of water. I then broke up the somewhat stale leftover donuts that were disintegrating and let everything simmer together for about 10 minutes (it starts to look like oatmeal). As I stirred it, I threw in some powdered sugar for some grip.

Once all of the liquid absorbed, I raised the heat to high and fried up the donut guts. It starts out very globby, but as it fries up it retains a new, globular stiff mold (add more powdered sugar, roo) and tastes much like what it is – greezy, delicious, re-fried doughnut dough. I served it hot with vanilla ice cream and black coffee. Omg. Heaven with tons of calories! Ba dunk a dunk.

No comments: