Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Earth Day tribute

This weekend marked the first weekend I believe, in my life, that I spent planting things. No, not bombs or anything of the like, but I did indeed participate in re-planting, planting and buying seeds. The irony is, we did this but had no idea it was Earth Day weekend and / or that we were actually participating :)

Let's just say that I once had a cute balcony covered in flowers and months later, my one lone survivor was Loni, my pretty planted bush plant who now has found a new home in the ground in our backyard, and who started to sprout the most beautiful purple flowers.

Loni has been with me for years. In the beginning he was the most majestic looking plant but as time would have it, he would die and come back, and die and come back again. This time, he has a new permanent home. He is surrounded by Herculean-like plants that I believe will give him the strength to keep going. I have also made a vow on this pre-Earth day weekend to give him my time and extra care. Hopefully, this will be a good spot for him.

I also replanted some beautiful, boppy looking gerber daisies that Bunnie gave me, who started out looking they were doing the death dance from Dance Interpretation 101and now are sitting boldy in their pot.

Mostly, me and Mr. A decided that since we both love herbs, tomatoes and the like, it would be a good time to test our farming skills along with some catnip for our furry child…stay tuned


No comments: